Testbeds and experiments will be tied to SMErobotics’ research and technical development (RTD) practice for experimental validation, optimisation and packaging of results for technology transfer to demonstrations.
Four core demonstrators will showcase the take-up, integration and evaluation of methods, components, and tools worked out in the RTD work packages (WPs). These demonstrations are aimed at creating reference implementations of robotic work cells in diverse applications which have not been economically and technically feasible before, under realistic SME manufacturing conditions. Attractive reference applications, accompanied by effective dissemination strategies, will give an impetus to a wide community of system integrators and end-users, but the project will aim even higher by implementing demonstrator diversification and outreach strategies.
Demonstrator description (D1-D4)
- Demonstrator D1: Assembly with dual-arm industrial manipulator
- Demonstrator D2: Human-robot cooperation in wooden house production
- Demonstrator D3: Assembly with sensitive compliant robot arms
- Demonstrator D4: Welding robot assistant
The SMErobotics Consortium has produced a video for each of four Demonstrators to showcase the workflow of a robotic cell in a real-world SME-environment.
- Demonstrator D1: Assembly with dual-arm industrial manipulators Video
- Demonstrator D2: Human-robot cooperation in wooden house production Video
- Demonstrator D3: Assembly with sensitive compliant robot arms Video
- Demonstrator D4: Welding robot assistant Video
SMErobotics provides methods and procedures for the evaluation and quantitative assessment of complete industrial robotic applications integrating cognitive aspects, and performs these evaluations and assessments in an iterative manner throughout the project. Four scientifically and technically challenging demonstrators (D1 to D4) based on industry-grade equipment integrate major parts of the SMErobotics research work, thereby scientifically contributing experimental verification.
Demonstrators D1 – D4 are directly associated
- with the four industrial partners of the consortium COMAU S.p.A., GÜDEL AG, KUKA Laboratories GmbH and Reis GmbH & Co KG Maschinenfabrik.
- with four respective demonstration partners (end-users) Tofaş Türk Otomobil Fabrikası A. Ş., Mivelaz Techniques Bois SA, KUKA Systems GmbH and Weber Stahl-Anarbeitungs-Service GmbH, who joined the Consortium in fall 2013.